Volunteer & Student Interns
Individuals and groups join Parsons each year as volunteers, assisting us in supporting children and families as they create their futures. We couldn’t do this important work without “YOU.”Please consider sharing your time, talent, and treasures with the children we serve. We have many opportunities available that will meet your schedule and interests.Individual Volunteer
• Share your interests and hobbies
• Independent Living Skills: assisting staff to teach basic living skills to youth transitioning from Parsons
• Recreational activities: hosting a weekly volleyball game, teaching gymnastics, yoga or dance, hosting guitar lessons…the list is endless!! Recreational volunteers can be individuals or small groups, and generally choose a recurring activity to coincide with a specific period of time when they can be available
Community Group Volunteer Opportunities
We always have a project ready that could use some eager helpers! Past groups have painted rooms in our residential buildings, stained the Pavilion, planted flowers/completed yard work, even constructed a greenhouse. Some groups prefer to organize activities for the kids. Dinner at the Neil Hellman School prom is hosted completely by volunteers. We have had basketball games, movie nights with popcorn, hockey workshops, carnivals and many, many other great activities hosted by volunteer groups. Some groups have included:
• Faith-based organizations
• Student Community Service groups
FEATURED VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The Shop on Park is a free thrift shop for use by clients currently enrolled with the affiliates of Northern Rivers. Several times each year, The Shop holds “Community Sales” which are advertised and open to the public and allow for anyone to access goods for a small fee (proceeds from these sales support the operation of The Shop). The Shop is stocked by direct donations of clothing, shoes, toys, household items, books, etc.
Volunteers at The Shop assist employees with a variety of tasks including: Helping donors carry donated items into The Shop; sorting/ shelving donations received; keeping The Shop neat and orderly; assisting shoppers with item selection; assisting with carry-out of items, if needed; and basic form completion (donor forms, sign-out sheets for shoppers, volunteer timesheets to record their hours).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Rhonda Daniel at Rhonda.Daniel@parsonscenter.org