School-Based Behavioral Health
School-based behavioral health services are designed to provide a variety of services to school-age children who have social, emotional, or behavioral needs so that they can experience success in school. School based behavioral health services are located throughout the Capital Region, with a continuously growing network.
Licensed mental health professionals provide the following services, both individually and in the classroom milieu:
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling
- Group counseling
- Behavioral intervention
- Family support services
Case management, psychiatric consultation, and medication management for children are available as complementary services to the counseling.
- Immediacy: staff can help address issues in the moment
- Convenience: services are provided at the child’s school
- Assistance to families in accessing services
- Increased positive interaction between parents and children
- Services available during school vacations and throughout the summer
- Greater success for the child at school
How are services accessed? School personnel, including the principal and school social worker, can access services for a child and family. Parents or caregivers may also directly contact one of our Behavioral Health Centers to inquire on additional options or for more information.
Albany: 401 New Karner Road, 518.431.1650 (serving Albany City School District, Cohoes City School District, Guilderland School District, North Colonie School District, South Colonie School District)
Malta, 2452 U.S. Route 9, Suite 206, 518.292.5433 (Ballston Spa Central School District, Burnt Hills School District, Cambridge Central School District, Hadley-Luzerne School District, Hartford School District, Queensbury Union Free School District, Saratoga School District, Stillwater School District, and Warrensburg School District)
Schenectady: 30 Franklin Street, 518.381.8911 (serving Duanesburg School District, Mohonasen School District, Niskayuna School District, Schalmont School District, and Schenectady City School District)
Our network of participating schools is continually expanding.
• Albany City School District
• Ballston Spa Central School District
• Burnt Hills School District
• Cambridge Central School District
• Cohoes City Central School District
• Duanesburg School District [More]
• Guilderland School District [More]
• Hadley-Luzerne Central School District
• Hartford School District
• Niskayuna School District [More]
• North Colonie School District [More]
• Saratoga Springs Central School District
• Schenectady City School District
• South Colonie Central School District
• Stillwater School District
• Queensbury Union Free School District
When are services available? Our school-based behavioral health offices are open whenever school is in session. Services continue throughout the year including all vacations and summer months. After hours and during vacation periods, our staff can be reached by cell phone.