What to Expect after You Have Applied
- Because of the volume of applications we receive for employment opportunities, we are unable to follow up individually. A recruiter will review your application and resume and if you meet the qualifications for the position, they will forward your resume to the hiring manager for review.
- The hiring manager will select from the pool of candidates the most qualified or the best fit for the position to interview. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
- Once a decision is made regarding hiring, you will receive an email letting you know the outcome.
If you are offered a position, and you accept, you will go through our new hire and background check process.
The following are required for a successful hire:
- Receipt of three positive professional references
- Verify that you are not on the Staff Exclusion List (SEL): Check against the NYS Database of Vulnerable Persons of Abuse and Neglect findings
- Verify that you are not on the Office of Medicaid Inspector General, Office of Inspector General, and System for Award Management Exclusion lists
- Check for any findings of child abuse or neglect on the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR)
- Review of any criminal history via fingerprint database
- If driving is required for the position, check NYS Motor Vehicle Registry driving abstract to ensure fewer than 6 points and, a valid and active driver’s license
- Check against all three levels of the NYS Division of Criminal Services Sex Offender Registry
- Verify your highest level of education completed
- Passing a physical examination and PPD skin test (tuberculosis test) clearance (if required for position)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States